Followers

Saturday, June 7, 2014

A scrapling

Every crafter will have some scrap papers of different lengths and widths left out with them. I chose a paper left out strip to make this scrapling.
For this I chose the tissue paper transfer technique, first I added a bit of old news paper using this technique and then went on to add the tissue paper,  its a 3 ply tissue so peeled it and used the colored layer with the image of a wine glass and some grapes. It is a bit time consuming process.
Then I inked some golden shimmering ink on my honeycomb stencil. Distress the top edge and the side close to the glass, used a brown ink for this.
For the sentiment, I used letters and words from an old scrap paper.
If you notice,  I had to use different letters to form a word.
Lastly,  I added a bamboo straw to tie as a ribbon.
the finish look, feels like a tissue paper!


You can see the sides of the tissue paper, kind of embossed look.

The letter and words I used for my sentiment.

I put it against the window to show the newspaper layer behind the tissue.

the golden honeycomb stenciled ink.

the bamboo straw, you can also see the card stock color I had used, its an off white card stock with a very light green tint.

Items I used for recycling :
Scrap paper for scrapling
old newspaper
Tissue
scrap paper for letters and words
Bamboo straw

I couldn't click pictures of the process, since it was a bit messy process, and my hands were occupied. for the transfers I had to use the plastic cling wrap and iron, you can imagine my hands were really full...would have loved extra pair of hands on me ;).

I made this one exclusive for Virginia's View Challenge!



Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your feedback, if you are not in a hurry :) Have a great day!




4 comments:

  1. Beautifully done. I really like this. Really do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's a lot of work, but the results are mind blowing, love it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am blown away by the use of tissue paper on this, Rahmat! To be honest, you did such an immaculate job that I am having a hard time seeing the tissue paper! Gorgeous tag, indeed! Thanks so much for playing Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete