Followers

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Kheema Aloo masala ~ minced meat with potato curry

I though of finishing up this draft which has been sitting for a very long time on my blogger, I feel guilty for not putting up many recipes, I have many recipes as drafts, I just need to write and post, summer vacation I will be away from my craft supplies, so will catch up on recipes.

Today I am sharing kheema masala, it is a minced lamb dish, very popular from my hometown Hyderabad. There are many versions of this recipe available, this is my home recipe.
This is going to be my first lamb recipe on the blog. My family of four has basically given up on red meat, excluding me - I am already almost a vegetarian! But I cook meat for my hubby and kiddos.
You can cook this dish with beef too.

I cook many other lamb dishes,  will share as and when possible.

Lets look at the ingredients:


250 gms boneless minced lamb
1 big potato peels and cubed
1 medium sized onion
2 g slit green chilli
few mint leaves
1/4 tsp turmeric
3/4 tsp red chili powder(adjust to your taste)
1/2 tsp  garam masala
1/2 tsp coriander powder
coriander leaves
coconut curry paste
Tomato puree - 1/2 cup
salt to taste
1/2 TBsp oil
11/2 cups water

Homemade coconut curry paste:
dessicated coconut  - 2 TBsp
2 cloves
1/16 tsp ground cinnamon
poppy seeds 1 tsp(optional)
2 cloves garlic chopped
1" ginger chopped

blend the dry ingredients first, then add ginger and garlic and a little water to blend in a smooth paste.



coconut curry paste





Procedure:


1. Heat oil in a pan(I am using a tiny pressure cooker), add the onions and chili and saute till golden brown.

2. Once the onions are brown add the minced meat, potatoes,and the coconut paste, turmeric, chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala, and salt...mix well and let it cook till the meat leaves water and the water dries up completely.


3. This is how it should look.

4.  Now add tomato puree and saute till the puree is cooked, add water and cover it..and cook till the gravy thickens, and making sure the meat is cooked well too.


5. garnish it with fresh coriander leaves, you can add some lime juice too if you like bit tangy.
That's it enjoy it with biryani, veg pulao or roti/naan.
Hope you try making it and like it!

Next recipe will be Samosas.

Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind  feedback :) Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment