Followers

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

A video clipping from an interview and 2 cards

Hello friends. sharing 2 cards, there are just too many cards sitting on my desk that I cannot share all one by one.

Before I get to my card, I thought of sharing a video. It was aired on Macau's national TV, it is my friend's interview. She is a wonderful painter, and she requested a few of us to come and speak about her work, so I chipped in to help her. This video is in Cantonese (Chinese dialect), even I don't understand most of it, I only understand the part where another friend of mine and I, we both are speaking in English. If you want to see and hear me out, like how I sound and look (the friends on FB already know how I look ;) )...lol.
Skip to 12 mins, and you will hear me. So here is it, my one minute of fame ;) ...4 of us were to speak, and 2 girls decided not to speak, as they were afraid they would forget the words. I just did an impromptu. I think it went ok.

** Only if you want to watch the video, below is the link

http://www.tdm.com.mo/c_video/play_video.php?id=25217


Ok enough of my other stories.
Here is my first card. I chose AltNew lacy scrolls here, and used stamping up - pink pirouette, pear pizzazz to stamp the flowers and leaves. I did fuzzy cut part of it. I then added a carpenter's tape, I bought this tape a few years back from a hardware store, when my kiddos were in that house damaging-age, thankfully never used on the floor, but I mostly use it on cards ;)
I wanted to add color using pencils, but the flowers looks perfect in my eyes, so ditched that. The sentiment is from Mama Elephant - water blooms. A few sequins to finish off, and i went back and forth with the stamps and inks ..like 5 times...I wanted to stamp the flower at the bottom below the tape, but finally decided not to add anything, you all know already that I love CAS. So very happy with my decision! I am in love with this card.


Linking this with a couple of challenges where the inspiration photos have pink color predominantly.

The Challenge
I was inspired by the pink and the wood grain here


Fusion Card Challenge
I  chose just the color pink here


Just add Ink
was inspired by the colors here


Inkspirational
Since there is no definite meaning of "pop" defined here, I am interpreting with making the flower front pop, hoping it fits the theme ;)
------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the second card. It is a simple one layer card. I had used Uniko stamps - round in circles here.
I had used thew color palette given by the Uniko challenge here.
I added quite a few sequins here on this card, and the sentiment is also from Uniko - simply said birthday, and I decided to stamp in all the 3 colors.


A look at the sequins.






Linking this with:

Uniko Studio
Going with colors

CAS on Sunday
One layer card here

AAA Cards
A one layer entry with sequins

One Layer Wonder

Shopping Our Stash Weekly
A one layer card.

One Is A Lonely Number - Create A Single Layer Project 

 

Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind  feedback :) Have a great day!

 

 





28 comments:

  1. Awesome cards! I really love your first one with the Altenew flowers - and I agree, no shading needed! Really pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both very pretty cards - I love your soft summery colours. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your cards are so pretty Rahmat! I love the detail in the flowers and leaves and your woodgrain panel is so striking too! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards Rahmat! Your take on the Just Add Ink inspiration is ever so pretty, love the floral layer. Thanks for joining us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these cards are so soft and pretty!! You've done an amazing job with you coloring! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Full of sparkling yumminess Rahmat! Love your take with the color combo, super showcase of uniko stamps and beautiful sequins! Perfect CAS card and thanks for sharing at AAA cards and uniko! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rahmat what a wonderful grouping of cards, you have been busy! Teaching them to be independent makes for wonderful and adjusted young adults. It also makes the transition to college easier!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! Loving the sequins - they work so well with the colours x Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous cards! I love the softness of those flowers you've used. The fussy cutting of them and raising them up really adds to this card. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous floral background ... so very glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful one layer card, love your choice of coloours thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our stash for the one layer card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of your cards are gorgeous! First one is my fave!! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What pretty cards and such pretty and calm colours. The tape is very effective on the first card and yes not stamping below it was the right decision as it's gorgeous, I can see how you love it. Listened to the English part of the video and agree with your comments about the kissing animals x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely cards, love the sequins on the second card! Thanks for joining the crew at SHOPPING OUR STASH for our "One is a Lonely Number" challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two beautiful cards, Rahmat...the peony scrolls on the first takes my breath away! Soft, delicate, and incredibly pretty! You should be in love with it (as am I), because it's stunning! Your definition of 'pop' works for me! Thank you for sharing this gem in the Inkspirational gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous cards for our sequin challenge! thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhh teamie those cards are stunning...LOVE IT...XX...Željka

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fun it must have been to be interview about your friends work. Your card is so lovely with the huge flowers.
    Thank you for playing with us at Inkspirational Challenges for our "POP" theme. Hope you'll join us for our next challenge.
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What beautiful cards! I love the soft pink flowers with the dark woodgrain on the first one, and the second one is just so fun! Thanks for playing along with us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pretty cards! Love how you fussy cut those gorgeous flower images. Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both cards are gorgeous! Love them and the clean look! Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous cards, I love the sequins on your Uniko card, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  23. FAB Rahmat, here i visit your awesome creaitons once again!!!! Yay!!! You are rocking it

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both of your cards are amazing. The first with the flowers is a walk in the garden. The wood accent brings perfect balance. The second with the sequins is gorgeous! I love the sparkle and shine!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Two lovely and pretty cards. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW! Two amazing cards, love the spot delicacy of the first and the second the sparkle is FABULOUS! Lovely to see you using your Uniko stamps and joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Sorry for my delay in commenting. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete